Useful Tips and Tricks
- Brush beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful, glossy finish.
- Place a slice of apple in hardened brown sugar to soften it back up.
- When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corns' natural sweetness.
- To determine whether an egg is fresh, immerse it in a pan of cool, salted water.
If it sinks, it is fresh. But if it rises to the surface, throw it away.
- Don't throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice cubes for
future use in casseroles and sauces.
- If you have a problem opening jars: Try using latex dishwashing gloves.
They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
- Potatoes will take food stains off your fingers. Just slice and rub
raw potato on the stains and rinse with water.
- Have great tasting corn by adding a little sugar to sweeten.
- Add a few drops of Almond Extract & half a teasppon of sugar to a can of cherries or blueberries to bring out the
beautiful flavor. Great with Cheesecake!
- Soak boiled eggs in cold water immediately to prevent from turning green.
- Take the fat out of butter by melting, scooping of the creamy stuff, then whip & refrigerate.
- Add salt & garlic to butter & refrigerate for garlic toast.
- Bake cookies and cakes in the middle of the oven in order to prevent buring the bottom & ensure even baking.
[ Cartoons ]
[ FunnyBone ]
[ Fun Programs ]
[ Fun Websites ]
[ Games ]
[ Holiday Treats ]
[ Inspiration ]
[ Midis ]
[ Motivation ]
[ Quotes ]
[ Recipes ]
[ Trivia ]
[ Useful Tips ]
Disclaimer: These items have come to me through various sources. I have included the author's name whenever possible. If you wrote any of these and would like credit, please write me with your name and the title of the article.
Site last updated: Monday, September 02, 2013
Webdesign & development by IRC Beginner.com
All rights reserved © 1998-2005